Did you know, that the YMCA of Greater Dayton offers Biometric Screenings for area companies?
The YMCA Biometric Screening staff will travel to your place of business to provide services. We request a minimum of ten employee participants for us to set up a screening date.
After the screening, your staff will have immediate results and will be provided with a copy of their numbers. An aggregate report will be provided to the employer as well. This will provide you with a screenshot of your company’s overall health analysis.
The term is intimidating but the process is not. A Biometric Screening is simply a blood test and a few basic body measurements (height, weight, blood pressure, etc). Staff involvement is a simple 20-minute commitment. But this screening is used to evaluate current health status for early detection and intervention which leads to a healthier, longer life.
The results of the Biometric Evaluation are used to determine risk factors for disease, reveal existing conditions and give a snapshot of current health. By identifying these markers, we help your company set a health baseline. In doing so, it enables you to determine whether influencing employees behavioral changes as part of an incentive package will lead to measurable improvements in your employees health and your company's overall healthcare costs.
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol
- LDL ‘bad cholesterol’
- HDL ‘good cholesterol’
- Body fat
- BMI (body mass index)
- Waist circumference
Most of us are familiar with blood pressure, body fat, height and weight. But what are some of the other screening terms?
Total cholesterol is a composite measurement that includes LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, and the other lipid components. LDL cholesterol is often referred to as ‘bad cholesterol’ because its buildup on the walls of one's arteries can increase the chances of developing heart disease. HDL cholesterol is often referred to as "good cholesterol" because it protects against heart disease by taking the LDL out of the blood and keeping it from building up in the arteries. Triglycerides are the chemical form in which most fat exists in food and in the body.
A blood glucose test measures the amount of a type of sugar, called glucose, in your blood. The HbA1C is a blood test that provides information about a person’s average levels of blood glucose over the past 3 months. These screenings can alert you to diabetes or a prediabetic condition.
As a leader in your company, you know that a healthy, happy and productive workforce is key to your success. Through Corporate Membership at the YMCA of Greater Dayton, employees can get fit, stay fit and save money—all while helping your company improve its fiscal fitness. All members have access to all YMCAs (ten branches) associated with the YMCA of Greater Dayton which includes locations in Montgomery, Preble, Green and Warren counties.
More Employer Benefits:
- Your employees who join the YMCA will be more mentally alert, miss less work, and have a better self-image and sense of well-being than those individuals who do not participate in physical activities.
- Your employees will also feel better about you, as their employer, for making the Corporate Membership program available.
Benefits to Your Staff:
- No joiner's fee! (a savings up to $100)
- Income based membership rates for employees with annual gross household Income of less than $65,000.
- Involves no cost to the company.
- Employees will make payments "on their own" through automatic bank drafts or credit card withdrawals.
- Payroll deduction option for employee (Requires a minimum of 10 employees to participate and stay enrolled).
- 10% savings on membership if payroll deduction is utilized. An additional 10% savings if a biometric screening is completed along with payroll deduction.
- Allows companies to encourage and support employee participation.
- Offers reduced rates on other YMCA programs.
FREE 30 DAY GUEST PASS TO THE YMCA OF GREATER DAYTON
We want to be a part of your healthy lifestyle! Whether your numbers look great or you need some improvements, we are here for you. If you are currently not a member of the YMCA of Greater Dayton, you are eligible to receive a FREE 30 Day Guest Pass to the YMCA of Greater Dayton simply by completing a YMCA Biometric Screening. After you complete your screening, you will receive a complimentary 30 Day Guest Pass to the Y. Once you experience the Y, you may find yourself interested in taking the next step in your personal health by participating in one of our signature wellness programs:
- YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
- Personal Training
- Move 2 Lose
There are many components to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and you don’t have to do it alone! Our Y Family is here to guide you, support you and yes, make it fun for you! With ten area branches, we are convenient, close and affordable. You can call us at 937-223-5201 to find the closest branch to you or click on our Map Tool to find the closest YMCA branch to you.