Member Services, Preble County YMCA, Eaton, OH
YMCA of Greater Dayton
Posting Expiration Date: April 21, 2013
$7.85 – $8.20/Hour
Under the direction of the Membership Director and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Dayton, the Member Services representative is responsible for providing excellent services to YMCA members and other individuals at the Member Services Desk.
The incumbent must have the competencies, relationship building skills, and proven customer service ability to successfully carry out his/her duties in accordance with the YMCA’s mission and strategic plan of the association for serving the community. An understanding of the YMCA as a membership driven organization is a must. Other important competencies of the Member Services representative include the following:
- Provides excellent member service.
- Performs membership sales, changes, cancellations and all other member transactions, including program registration and other activities, in an efficient and accurate manner, that occur at the Member Service Desk.
- Follows Member Service Desk processes and systems.
- Conducts tours of the facility for prospective members and guests.
- Displays excellent telephone skills.
- Handles monetary transactions and appropriate reconciliation of these transactions.
- Builds relationships with members.
- Knows the names of members and uses their names when speaking with them.
- Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions.
- Proactively solves problems.
- Performs routine copying and filing.
- Knows the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation.
- Keeps up-to-date with member information as outlined in the member handbook.
- Follows appropriate safety guidelines.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve member services.
- Takes an active role in the annual Strong Kids Campaign.
- Follows membership retention practices of the branch.
- Upholds guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of the Association.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Attends designated trainings and staff meetings.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Membership Director or Management Staff.
Education and Certifications – High school diploma or GED required. A 2-year degree or applicable experience is preferred. CPR/AED Adult, Blood Bourne Pathogens, New Employee Orientation, and Child Abuse Prevention training is required within first 90 days of employment. Blood Bourne Pathogens and Child Abuse Prevention must be renewed every 12 months.
Experience – One year or more of related customer service experience required.
Skills and Abilities – With an understanding of the YMCA organization, persons in this position must be able to handle multiple tasks and be a motivated, self-starter. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must possess excellent problem solving skills. Must display sound judgment and initiative as well as independent thinking skills and a positive attitude. Must be able to work independently, as well as a part of the staff team. Must have the ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds. Computer skills are required as well as strong customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to stand and walk around the desk area for long periods of time. Must be able to bend and reach down into filing cabinets and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.