"Our mission is to put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all."
Through the years, lifestyles and family structures have changed and will continue to do so. Our programs will always reflect the needs of the communities which we serve. YMCAs are mission-driven. We live our mission every day.
Ys are a total community service organization, collectively the nation's largest not-for-profit charity. We are volunteer founded, volunteer based and volunteer led. Ys are for people of all faiths, races, abilities, ages, and incomes.
Our YMCA promotes youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
YMCAs are founded to serve the whole individual spirit, mind and body and the whole community, from infants to seniors. Health and fitness are critical to the YMCA mission, and have been for over 100 years.
Physical activity for all ages is an important part of the Y experience, but is only one aspect of overall health. In over 120 countries children and adults are learning values and life skills at YMCAs; from fitness to child care, tutoring to serving their communities ... it's all part of the YMCA experience.
YMCAs are founded to serve people of all communities: all incomes, all ages and abilities.
Open to everyone, we bring together the poor and not-so-poor, young and old, men and women, all faiths and all backgrounds.
Nationwide, YMCAs this year raised some $490 million in scholarships, subsidies and other services for those who could not otherwise participate.
Across America, YMCAs are the place where people of every background come together to create community and to learn from each other.
Did you know that the YMCA of Greater Dayton...
- Never turns anyone away for financial reasons. Everyone is welcome at the YMCA and over three million dollars of financial assistance and community subsidy was given out in the past year.
- Utilizes over 2,000 volunteers annually in the delivery of YMCA programs and services to our community.
- Has eleven locations, over 35 community program sites and serves over 88,000 youth and families each year.
- Is celebrating 101 years of service at YMCA Camp Kern, the largest resident camp in the state of Ohio and the 9th largest YMCA camp in the country.
- Serves over 11,000 school age children annually through outdoor education programs at Camp Kern.
- Serves over 8,000 kids every summer in day camp through collaboration with Five Rivers MetroParks.
- Has over 3,500 children participating in youth sports.
- Collaborates with over 70 agencies in our community to serve youth and families.
- Provided over 500 deserving children the opportunity to go to camp through the YMCA Strong Kids scholarship program.
- Is the Dayton area's largest provider of swim lessons.
- Has been at work in our community since 1870.
The YMCA of Greater Dayton is grateful to Dayton Freight for their willingness to support the Mission work of the YMCA. Being a Mission Partner of the YMCA represents an organizations belief in giving back to the community through the charitable efforts of the YMCA. Our thanks go out to Dayton Freight for their willingness to enrich the lives of others through partnering with the YMCA of Greater Dayton.